Allan Monat, in 2002, was appointed by Governor Ryan to the Illinois Home Inspector Advisory Board. In that capacity, he has helped to write the Illinois Home Inspector Licensing Act and the Standards of Practice for the State of Illinois. Allan also helped write the Illinois law portion of the state home inspector license exam.
When Allan sold his business after twenty-seven years, his company had inspected over 8,700 properties which included single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, apartment buildings, and commercial properties. Allan served on State, National, and Local Boards.
- Member of the Illinois Home Inspector Advisory Board (State Board)
- Board of Directors, National Association of Home Inspectors (National Board)
- Board of Directors, Illinois Chapter of the National Association of Home Inspectors (Local Board)
- Board of Directors, Oakton Community College Real Estate Advisory Board (Local Board)
Allan has taught a home inspection course at Oakton Community College which was one of the state-licensed courses that was required and that one had to pass in order to take the Illinois home inspector license exam (2003-2012). He has taught a structure class that was part of the required course for Inspection Training Associates.
Allan was a state-licensed continuing education instructor and has taught eight different CE classes that were required for a state home inspector license renewal (12 hours every two years) (2003-2014)
- Home Inspection Techniques
- Standards of Practice
- Plumbing (The Royal Flush)
- New Construction
- Illinois Law
- Exam Prep